Friday, March 24, 2006

 

Not Much Longer at Said Job

I had a conversation with the head honcho and my boss today. I received a pay cut of $3 an hour. And they have decided to random me for my next two urine tests. I am planning on taking a principled stand. They know that it takes at least 21 days for this stuff to clean out of my system and have alleged to wait that long. However, I am going to continue to smoke pot. It is a principled stance. I let the head honcho know that I'd been smoking for about 6 years almost daily, and in that time I have had no auto accidents. I did have 2, however, many years ago when I was clean and sober and didn't fucking cuss a whole lot either.

The reason I am taking a principled stance is to add my story to the millions of similar stories around this alleged nation. Here is the situation:

A person anonymously accused me in a type written letter of being a pot smoker. I am very open about smoking marijuana, and know that possible consequences like this can happen.

I informed the head honcho that marijuana has never, and will never, kill anyone. He was aware. None of what I said on the issue made any difference. He stated that it is illegal. Which, of course refers to the law. The fact that it is ridiculous that marijuana is illegal in the first place doesn't matter. Of course, genocide is illegal and it IS being perpetuated against my people as well as the people of Iraq and many other nations by the alleged United States of America. Killing and oppression, however, can and will be overlooked. Marijuana smoking, which doesn't kill, will be treated accordingly. This is a very important issue to look at in this society.

Now let's look at that DEMON OF ALL DOCUMENTS, the UN Declaration on Human Rights. It is a HUMAN RIGHT to have a job. It is a HUMAN RIGHT to have unemployment, in case said job disappears or is not available. These are HUMAN RIGHTS that are constantly violated in this nation around the marijuana issue.

The simple act of sending an anonymous letter has hurt a helluva lot more people than me. My boss will be under a lot of stress in an attempt to find a new driver. One of my co-workers, the other driver, doesn't like driving, but he will now have the driving position pretty much permanently. This will effect his life adversely, however, I did get a guarantee that he will be paid my wage as long as he remains the driver.

I will do nothing to get any others at my work place or any other work place randomed. It is bullshit. But like I said, it is a principled stance that I am taking because I don't really have a whole lot of other choice.

I think it is interesting that it has happened during a time in which I have been doing lots of healing. So in a way I think it is a message from the spirit world and I better keep my ears, eyes, and spirit open to whatever it is I need to do. I better go sweat tomorrow.

I know I'll be OK. I'll probably have to do a lot of self-promotion about my book (I hate self-promotion, but when one wants to keep food in their faces and a roof over their head...).

Well, lotsa people talking and trying to get my attention so I'll update you all more...sometime soon!





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]