Monday, March 20, 2006

 

It Just Doesn't End.

This morning, as I drag my tired ass out of bed and am trying to get dressed, but only fast enough in order to fill all the time allowed before I have to catch the bus. I hear geese outside my window. At first I thought they were a new creak in the floor. No...Geese, outside my window somewhere.

Driving into work, everything looks beautiful in its dark gray morning gown.

I start my foot journey across the Burnside Bridge to come and write to you when the Sun pours light into my eyes and soul. I think of the Sundance, the morning song that calls the dancers to their feet. The Drums, The Songs, but mostly The Eagle Bone Whistles. The energy rises in intense prayer to the creator, spirit world, earth mother, our fellow human beings. The sun calls to my eyes, and I smile.

I hear the honks of the geese, and a few seconds of silence as they fly beneath my feet and out from under the Burnside Bridge and head South, upstream, together, the pair. I think of the geese outside my bedroom window this morning.

I think of the march the day before. At least 10,000 people, that's about 2 or 3 dozen to the oregonian piece of shit alleged newspaper. Wow! That many people gathered together in one spot to say NO MORE FUCKING WAR YOU ASSHOLE BUSH AND YOUR WHOLE FUCKING CRIMINAL ADMINISTRATION. Fuck yeah! Downright fucking awesome! The Revolution is here and now, everyday, with everybreath. Don't underestimate your ability to do something, my fellow human beings. I will appreciate the work you do, but more imporantly, you will and future generations will.

It is so wonderful to feel the energy of the sun as one works to end this crazy shit called war. It is so wonderful to know there is beauty in this world, and "beauty is worth fighting for." Struggle for beauty. Create Beauty! Live Beauty!

I start to remember the song, the entrance song, to the Sundance, and I sing it and laugh as I walk or dance across the bridge, make my offerings, and sing that song, so beautiful, as I stare into the sun and realize...IT'S EQUINOX.

Spring is in the air, and it's official, now, as my friend Mikhelle reminded me on the phone last night. And I also realize, my little Aries daughter, Felicia, HER BIRTHDAY IS ON THE FIFTH AND I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE FUCK HER MOM HAS PLANNED...AAAHHHHHH!!!!! We discussed it briefly a few times, but there was nothing definite set.

And spring is in the air and flowers are everywhere and spring is in the air and the sun is out and it's solstice and everything is BEAUTIFUL!





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]