Monday, March 27, 2006

 

Decisions and the continued review of Inga Muscio's book, "Cunt."

I have been trying to decide what to do about my current work situation. I thought of continuing to smoke and fighting this for reasons of personal autonomy and having chosen to smoke for reasons of good mental health. This would have resulted in the loss of the job and income and no one would really care about this story anyway. This would also create great stresses on my friends, family, co-workers, etc.

I could just take it on the chin and just stop smoking and pass the tests and let the man have control OVER my personal life.

After discussing the issue with my friends Mikhelle and Starr last night, this is what came to me. This is the decision I feel great about making. This decision will allow me to keep my job and still lay claim to my autonomy.

I will stop smoking marijuana and pass the tests when they come. I will also educate the people I work for about the issue of marijuana use. I will explain why I used it. Kind of like Jeff and Tracy attempted in purchasing a full page add in the Willamette Week admitting they were a couple of U.S. citizens who smoke pot and are very functional and helpful in the community at large. I, however, have simply decided to stop smoking along with this type of activism. I gave up some autonomy to keep my job, and am reclaiming some of my autonomy to educate those I work for that the only unhealthy aspect of smoking pot is the punitive damage caused by its regulation (there are six people in prison for LIFE on marijuana charges, at least one having none in his possession and none within his system).

I have sent e-mails to my bosses requesting AT LEAST two more weeks of in-store employment, preferrably three, to make sure the stuff is out of my system, but also because I believe I can actually get caught up on some of the things I feel the need to get caught up on and have been unable to because of my work schedule. As well, this current schedule will allow me some time in order to possibly get my foot in the door in other organizations that I have wanted to get involved with but because of our work schedules being the same, have been unable to create such contacts.

To stop smoking pot is NOT a sacrifice at all.

I am in the "Rape of Cunts," chapter in Inga Muscio's book, "Cunt." One of the issues present in ALL women's lives is the issue of RAPE! This is a RAPE CULTURE. Women, as an act of survival, have to be on the alert for potential rape NO MATTER WHERE THE FUCK THEY ARE! Women always have to live with the possibility and actuality of being raped by MEN! Certain actions to cover their appearance as women when they are alone and in public. They cannot safely express their sexuality as women when going out ALONE especially at night. This is an issue that ALL WOMEN FACE. It crosses class, race, and all other boundaries. Rape is something that ALL WOMEN have to keep themselves protected from and I have no doubt is at the VERY LEAST in the back of their minds almost constantly. For the simple act of having a "cunt," women have to live in fear of people like me...Men.

I have seen many counterbalances to bring about change in this area. I have a friend with two sons whom she raised to be respectful of women, and they are. I do my best to educate my fellow men on this issue as well. I myself have been raped when I was five. Culturally, however, I can walk down the streets relatively without fear no matter the time of day whenever the fuck I want and I am aware that WOMEN ARE NOT ALLOWED THE SAME PRIVILIGE. I also wear scarves and I see men's reaction and some, I can tell, would like to challenge my choice of appearance, but they don't, but I know the potential is there. I, however, have a better chance of fighting off these assholes than a woman or gay man does, and they know this. It also shows them that there are many expressions of ones masculinity, and this is mine. It also expresses my feminine side. When I see women walking by themselves down the street especially at night, I know that I am perceived as a potential rapist. This does not hurt my feelings, this is a tactic of survival that women have to live with in this rape culture society. Unless they know me, they cannot safely let their guard down around me, nor would I request such an action out of any woman. This is, sadly, A RAPE CULTURE!

Reading this chapter shows me that to stop smoking marijuana is NOTHING...NOTHING, compared to the fact that women ARE RAPED in this world on a regular basis in ALL NATIONS! These women are our mothers, sisters, aunties, daughters, grandmothers, etc. These women have given birth TO ALL OF US, and have to live in fear of men because this IS A RAPE CULTURE! Women's anatomical jewel is the gateway of life into this world. It is also the gateway to women's pleasure. It is also the gateway that can be violated by men in the act of RAPE and OFTEN OFTEN OFTEN IS!

Anybody who knows ANYTHING about rape knows that it doesn't end when the penis is no longer violating your body. It IS something a RAPE SURVIVOR has to live with the rest of their lives.

Sacrificing the autonomy I enjoyed in smoking pot is NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING compared to what all women HAVE to face in the potential of being raped which women are NOT SAFE FROM ANYWHERE!

I, as a man, will do all I can to educate my fellow men on this issue. I have somewhat, but reading Inga Muscio's book, "Cunt," makes me more determined. "Cunt," though a book for and about women, should be absolute required reading for EVERY MAN ON EARTH! This book has taught me more about being a man than ANY OTHER BOOK I HAVE READ...EVER! This book has educated me on the importance of being a good citizen in this world as well as how to behave as a man. THERE ARE NO BOOKS LIKE THIS FOR MEN! Or if there are, I have not heard about them. This book has lead me to explore my sexual nature as a man, the sexual nature of women, individuality, self-expression in the world and personally.

There are few men I really enjoy being around. For the most part, I cannot stand men. I prefer the company of women. I am comfortable around gay men because they have a greater understanding of their sexuality since they are so defined by it in the world at large. This is because I WAS RAPED BY A MAN/BOY! Yes, a woman/girl was involved in the second round, however, SHE DIDN'T FORCE A PENIS INTO MY BODY WITH THE PURPOSE OF DELIVERING HUMILIATION AND PAIN!

The sacrifice of smoking pot and giving up that tiny piece of my autonomy which I will turn to my advantage is nothing compared to the fact that ALL WOMEN are FORCED to surrender at least A PIECE of their autonomy out of fear of living in a world where rape by men IS GENERALLY ACCEPTED AS A NATURAL ACT! RAPE IS NOT A NATURAL ACT BUT A BUNCH OF FUCKING BULLSHIT TO HAVE CONTROL OVER WOMEN'S LIVES BY MEN!

All you men reading this better work on that issue within ourselves. Do you want your mothers, aunts, daughters, etc., to live in fear of you if they don't know you? Would you want you mother to live in fear of you or your fellow men?

All of the above has everything to do with CONTROL. So please, nobody give me that bullshit that this is the "land of the free." The first thing I'll do is point out women's fear of being raped, the second will be of pot smokers facing punitive damages for using a substance that is healthy for them.

Time to change the world!

REVOLUTION NOW!





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]