Tuesday, February 07, 2006

 

The Most Beautiful and Most Cofusing

Crossing the St. John's Bridge aroudn 8:45 yesterday, I had to interrupt Tommy, my companion. He was reading me a poem he had written about observations in a bar. Mt. St. Helens, across the river, in her snow covered beauty was shining like the Goddess she is on the Northern horizon. She looked ancient and beautiful in the morning sun.

I drove slowly across the bridge. I didn't care if anyone was behind me. And then I did care and looked in my mirrors. There was no one behind me, so I didn't care if anyone was behind me again. I stared at the gloriousness of the mountain.

"I apologize for interrupting," I told Tommy.

"No! It's OK!" he said as he stared at the beautiful goddess with me. As the green covered wires and steel came between us and the view, it didn't seem to matter as much as I thought it would because her beauty shined in such an amazing light.

I look forward to eyeball for any oncoming traffic when in the archway of the bridge, facing west, is the triple peaks of the beautiful goddess known today as Mt. Adams. She is beautiful and I miss her terribly. I look forward to the approaching summer when we will again visit.

"Check that out!" I tell Tommy, who looks at that mountain in amazment.

Then we think about Mt. Hood, and there he is, an amazing God under a layer of thin clouds with an amazing cloud formation to its left.

We look from mountain to mountain to mountain until we are in St. John's and can no longer see any of the mountains.

Tommy suggested that we go back across the bridge, but go backwards.

At work on the table in the lunch room, there is a couple of plastic bottles with honey in them. The brand is called SueBee. There is a little white dark haired girl above the name wearing a turkey feather in her hair and a collared shirt. What the fuck does that have to do with the brand name.

Near the bottom is the statment, "U.S. Grad A Fancy White Pure Honey." Fancy white honey? Honey is golden brown. Is this like telling us Indians we are white now. Is this the Great American Melting Pot that Ed Edmo describes? He says in the Great American Melting Pot everything is supposed to melt white. Are they trying to force the honey to be white like they have us Indians?

White Indian girl on the label of brown honey that is called Fancy White. WHAT THE FUCK?





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]