Wednesday, February 15, 2006

 

LOOK OUT!

The world
I get to see
on the regular paths of my journeys
from days beginning
to days end.

Today, as I cross the Burnside Bridge,
the air is cold and crisp
it feels powerful and wonderful
as it surrounds my body
and touches my face
with the Love of a mother.

The moon,
not quite full
hangs quietly over the city.

Every few steps
I stop and lean on the rail
and see the beauty
from many different points along my journey
this journey I take regularly
almost daily.

I see the same woman
almost every weekday morning
as I cross to come here
and write to you.
Every morning,
we say "good morning" to each other.
Simple little thing that makes me feel so fucking good.

I have no idea
how to date.
I think of sex
and beauty
and what we'd have for dinner
and who's our favorite comedians
hold hands
and walk across a bridge...
then...

I think of Revolution
the next generations
my daughter
my friends
and I want a Revolution
I want to change the world
I only have a limited time
on this earth.
What am I going to do with it?
Watch TV?
Might as well
try to bring about
the type of world I'd like to see
where there is no war
and we can face our challenges
by sharing
and not killing one another.
Not too much to ask.
And don't tell me that it is,
because it is NOT too much to ask.

Along these little journeys of mine
I always remember
there is so much more to the world
than just me,
and I get to see those photos
like the ones being sold
at Saturday Market,
and I get to see those photos
live as they are happening
right before my very eyes.
Look carefully...
You may just find beauty
right before your very eyes.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]