Wednesday, January 11, 2006

 

To Dance With the Wind

It was stormy as I walked across the Burnside Bridge yesterday.

I looked up at the dark cloudy sky to see a white bird flying around. I realized it was a seagull, and wondered how it could shine so white against the black, cloudy sky. It was the artificial lights. The artificial lights were making seagull shine against the dark and beautiful sky. Then there was a flock of them, floating on the windy sea. It must be great to be able to fly like that.

As I return my attention to the sidewalk I've been walking even as I gazed at the poetry of seagull shining white against a dark, stormy sky, I step beside the first building on the Eastside and there was a devolumizing of the noise level so quick as to startle me. I've been startled by loud noises many times, but from the normal everyday noises coming to a sudden stop (almost)...it's kind of funny.

Last night I lit copal and put it my bedroom window as I was about to sleep. The wind blew the smoke so hard into my window and through the gaps in my door as to worry my housemate that I may have started something on fire. But I looked at the smoke in my room through the candlelight and bathed in its beauty before I fell asleep.

Today, the wind is blowing so hard on the Bridge as to make me dance with it and my umbrella all the way across the bridge. I laugh and giggle all the way.

The river, she is beautiful. The rain connects us in this dance with the wind as well. I am blessed by the waters that return to her.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]