Sunday, January 15, 2006

 

Things Do Happen When You Look Your Worst!

Yesterday, I came to KBOO and wrote a little about dressing my absolute worst. Mostly, I am tired of wearing two pants in order to keep my dignity.

I hung out with my friend, Leigh Anne, for the afternoon. We went to Mother's Bistro and ate the most wonderful Wild Salmon Hash. Mmmmmmm!

We went to a downtown cowboy store where I found a 10-gallon hat that I'd like complete with a hefty price tag as well as being to small for my big head.

We then hung out at a DT Coffee People and talked and I read LA some of the stuff I had just written.

We then went and hung out with her hubbie, Brian, who is burning some CD's for me. Leigh Anne told me she was going to a writing workshop in Salem and was making a polenta dish with tomatoes, cheese, salsa, and other goodies.

She then took me home where I was to have a date with my housemate who was going to take me to Equinox restaurant.

I saw a young girl in the doorway and wondered if Heidi had brought some of her dance troupe work home. I heard Felicia's voice saying something like, "He's here!" Which confused the heck out of me because Felicia wasn't supposed to be there for another 20 minutes or so. I opened the door and all the people inside yell "SURPRISE!" It was a surprise birthday party for me!

I was surprised, but not completely. I had read a note during the week that said "Addendum to Eugene's surprise birthday party," but read no further. I didn't really think about it too much after that and figured it was something to do with the event on Tuesday. But here we were, the Saturday before my actual birthday, and having a great time with spice foods and good people.

Tony G. was there, and I read him my story as well as heard some very funny stories. A good time was had by all, and although we were supposed to cap the evening with some contra dancing, it didn't work out as the task of putting the food away took much more time than Heidi and I expected.

Heidi is such a wonderful friend and housemate. I was so happy that she did this for me. No one, lover or otherwise, had ever given me such a wonderful gift.

I also got LOTS of hot sauce, I get to eat the fresh peppers that Heidi had collected for a pepper identification contest. I got a Che hat. Life is good. Life is very good.

Again, no one has ever done such a thing for me. I really didn't expect it. I just expected to go to my book release/birthday party at the Red and Black on Tuesday. This is so special. I think I'll smoke a cigar on the way home. Sounds good to me.

Thank you so much all of my wonderful friends. I Love you all so much!





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]