Thursday, January 26, 2006

 

Life is good!

My personal routine involves walking across the Burnside Bridge on a regular basis.

This morning, the wind was strong. It amazes me to feel that power push my body, caress my face, whisper in my ears.

In the early mornings like these, I love looking down from the place where I make my offerings, where the bridge separates for ships passing underneath. The waters she spans are fast. The current is swift and reflected like a chocolate covered cherry in the red light just below me. The clouds are dark and ominious. Puffy clouds layered beneath dark gray rain stuffed giants.

The world is amazing to me. I have thought many things crossing her spans. Revolution, Love, Alito, Friends, Poems, Life...Life is good!

Now, she is being doctored. It has been years. She has supported humans without complaint for years, and now she is being doctored, cared for, Loved.

I wonder if she feels like I do, sometimes. Like you finally get something off of you that you've been working on for so long, and there you go. You heal, you take care of yourself, you allow others to care for you. And soon, she'll be out there doing the good work for the people, carrying them across the river. Carrying their cars across the river. Carrying their food and water across the river.

Some windy morning, you all should get up, go stand on that bridge, feel the power, see the beauty, feel the beauty within yourself.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]