Friday, January 27, 2006

 

Friends

I realized yesterday as I was hanging out with my friend Julie, that it was about a year ago that we became good friends. Same with you Leigh Anne. Are you reading this. It was around this time we became good friends as well!

Tyrone,
your smiling face
helped me know
that my cousin was safe
with you.

Cousin,
we are just human beings,
and you behaved as one as well.
Shot down...
murdered.
What an odd thing
to find out
your cousin has been murdered.

I still see you smiling face
from time to time.
I can see you
standing in the trees outside
laughing and smiling
as the rain doesn't touch your body
but does your spirit.
Thank you for being here
brother
and thank you
for the little ones.
Thank you
for those little brown babies.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]