Wednesday, January 04, 2006

 

Cruelty

I was trying to actually relax on the bus today. I mean actually relax. I finally reached that state as brief and lovely as it was, and I realized, I feel tense all the fucking time. There is always something to be tense about.

Have you ever wondered
what it is
to let go of all that
which you carry with you
every moment?

Fear?
Is it fear that keeps us
carrying those things?
The end of the world
is so possible.
What am I doing about it?
None of it is easy.
It's easy to feel defeated.
It's easy to point my fingers at others
while others point fingers at me.
It is easy
to sit down
at TV
and medicate.
But,
what else are you going to do?
Play along?
Struggle the best way you know how?
Watch TV?
Medicate?

I hold nothing against those
who do not struggle.
I did not struggle
at one time.
Those who do not struggle
for the common good
will sooner or later
find themselves
having to.
Why wait?
We need you on this side of the Revolution.

And please...
Don't give me that
"Democracy is the solution,"
BULLSHIT!
Look what democracy did and does for indians.
Look what it does for blacks.
Look what it does for hispanics.
Look what it does for healthcare.
Look what it does for the homeless.
Look what it does for the working class.
Look what it does for the arabs.
etc., etc., etc., etc.
Democracy is not the solution.
Let's get creative
and create a world we want.
That means it will constantly be changing.
The rules of today
will not be the rules of tomorrow
or may have more rules added to them.
We are naturally in constant flux.
What the fuck do we need to kill each other for?
Why are we immeasurably cruel to each other?
I don't get it.
Eh...I'll just keep trudging along
with the goal in mind
of getting the human rights of one and all
honored
which already includes
no more war.
No war
is a human right.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]