Thursday, December 22, 2005

 

Pour the Wine

I went to a Solstice feast and celebration last night. I'm still looking for those celebrations.

I would look at the wine in my glass and think about the centuries, eons, of wine. All the wine drank in celebration, ceremony, life, Love. How long that's been going on. The many people who celebrate using this wonderful little creation. What an interesting elixir in that glass. Somehow, I feel a connection to all of that. To all of that celebration.

But a friends girlfriend has made it her personal task to make sure my wine glass is filled at all times. She is beautiful, and sweet, and she brought the venison and salmon. I feel like I have been friends with her for a long time, except this is the first time we have met. Space has been offered to sleep, so I don't worry. I let her pour the wine. What a sweet little celebration, but as I start to feel a little to tipsy, I start to hide my glass.

I look at my hands and realize they've been with me for every word I've ever written. What amazing instruments. I move them. I look at them from different angles. I think of all that time they've been there for me. They have experienced every story I have ever written. Every word. They have held every book I've ever read. All the basic tasks they help me perform. Driving. Eating. Etc. So I sit there, and since I don't feel to comfortable with the idea of standing up, I stare at my hands and see the things they have done. I wonder at other peoples hands. Lots of hands in the world. People without hands. Or only one. Or pieces. How they communicate.

I'm finding ways to celebrate this time of year. I believe that from now on, every celebration I have during this time of year will be interesting and fun. That sounds like a fun tradition.

Blessings and celebration to one and all during this winter time of year. This time of cold, snow, rain, and all sorts of fun weather. Have a great time because you all deserve it.

And while we're at it, in between the celebrating, let's have a Revolution and take everything back.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]