Monday, October 17, 2005

 

What if they gave a Sweat, and nobody came?

I was asked to pour water for a sweat out on a friends land on the other side of Yamill this last Sunday. Everybody called in and cancelled, and those that didn't showed no sign of showing up, so we never built the fire. One man showed up about 15 minutes before the sweat would have began, and we all wound up sitting around eating turkey soup and talking politics.

I took Felicia down to feed my buddies animals. She got the door open and her hand inside when a male goat slammed his head into the thing and smashed her hand. It didn't look too good, but nothing was broken. (It was completely fine this morning.)

We went back up and watched "Shallow Hal" with Jack Black and then headed back down to feed the animals. This time, I went into the shed (complete with head butting goat) and got their food. We both particpated in feeding all the sheep, goats, and 1 llama. It was fun.

Felicia and I went back to the house and watched the last half of "The Distinguished Gentleman" a comedy expose into the underbelly of DC politics, which looked more like real life than a joke.

Felicia and I hung out on his back deck and checked out the sky, which was beautiful.

We went to bed, and I was called by a friend and we talked for about half an hour.

On the way to drop Felicia off at school this morning, traffic was so bad it took two hours to get there, a half hour longer than usual. My friend, Chuck, and I talked politics all the way in.

I got to work later than I said I would, but not much later.

Life is good, my friends. LIFE IS GOOD!





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]