Saturday, October 15, 2005

 

Stormy Weather

I love stormy weather. I love the dark gray puffy clouds that look menacing and muscular. I Love the feel of the air and the powerful winds. I love watching the trees dance. I left my window open all night just to hear it. After I woke up, I put my pillow at the foot of my bed and laid there for about 20 minutes listening to the trees dance with the wind. The wind feels powerful against my body. The rains are so juicy.

The months of March and April, I loved riding my bike between KBOO and my temporary home in SE. I would get soaked at times, and it felt so beautiful. I'd know that at the end of my journey was a warm wonderful KBOO or my temporary bedroom where I could warm up and do the things that make me happy.

My favorite storm, however, happened about 11 years ago. I was with my first wife, and we were heading home to Aloha via the hills South of the town. It was night, and the clouds made the sky especially black. It was raining so hard and there were no street lights and visibility was difficult at best. The thunder would shake the car. It would roll like it was coming over the clouds and shake us like we were leaves on the trees. We came to a large field. Where we stopped. Outside, the lightning was playing and dancing. I swear two holes had opened in the sky, North and South of each other. Large thick bolts of lightening would shoot out one of the holes to be answered by large thick bolts of lightening from the other hole. We stopped the car and got out to watch. It was as if two of the Thurder Beings were above this field and talking with each other. We stood there for a while in the rain, amazed at the ferocity and beauty of this amazing storm, when my ex realized we were really close to this conversation and that maybe we should move along.

As I rode across the bridge this morning, coming here to the BOO to write, I enjoyed the strength of the wind. I said a prayer to the river and tried to offer tobacco, but it was blown up onto the bridge. I laughed, and a man surprised me asking me for some tobacco. I gave him some, and he walked off. I tried again to make an offering to the river by placing it in the 2" divide where the bridge separates when it is raised, and again, it was blown onto the bridge. I laughed.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]