Friday, October 21, 2005

 

Native Nations 10/20

On the 13th, I had pretty damned firm confirmation that a dance troupe was going to be on the TV show, Native Nations, which I host with David Liberty. Yesterday morning I made a call and found out all the dancers are pretty flaky and there was no coordination in getting them on the show. I made arrangements with a flute player to come down instead, who called me just after I punched out from work to inform me that he, too, would not be coming down for the show. I love it when a plan completely falls apart.

I rode my bike to KBOO to catch a ride with my friend LA, who showed up right after I parked my bike. We loaded up and headed out to MCTV at Mt. Hood Community College.

I got there in time to inform Jim, the producer, that there would be no flute player. We would only have the two videos about the Klamath Basin and the fight to remove the genocidal dams on the river, and me, frothing at the mouth.

The set was completely dull and boring, because, well, David Liberty and his wonderful sense of style wasn't there.

When I first sat down to get mic'ed up, I sat on the microphone. I said I was going to see if I could really talk out of my ass.

I was getting hungry, and the pizza dude didn't show up until the moment we went live. We always open with scenes from what Celilo Falls should look like had not the genocidal dams been put in place to kill off the salmon and the people and make lots of money for a few white men. John Trudell was singing Crazy Horse from his CD Bone Days, when suddenly there was my mug on the screen. "AHH!" What a way to start the show. Total surprise!

I went into a rant about what is going on in the world for about 7 minutes, and then announced the video.

PIZZA. Jim always buys us a canadian bacon and pinapple pizza. Thank you Jim Lockhart!

We munched and watched the video where nobody payed attention to the protesters. A couple of women walked by and laughed at them. What assholes.

When we got back on the air, I almost immediately started pounding on the table telling people I want it all back. The dams are an act of genocide. They need to be removed.

I also went into a tirade about Al Gore. How he recently stated that if he had won the election in 2000, things would be different. I reminded the asshole that he did indeed WIN the election and this IS what we got. I also reminded him he laid down on his belly before the republicans and spread his cheeks for them. I know...I've seen the video, and you can see it too on Michael Moore's "Faranheit 911."

After that rant session, we went to a clip of Jeff Mitchell, former head of the Klamath people, discussing dam removal.

Sat back down for the last of it. Explained to people how there is NO equality for women in this country, or for that matter, any country. I also brought up the fact that some people have told me they fear that I could be killed for how I speak out. I pointed out that I've been doing this very publicly for 12 years. No one has come to get me. And even if they do, they will ALWAYS know they are criminals and I will know that at least I tried something.

I also reminded people that I want a world where ALL human rights are honored. If you don't have health care or know someone who doesn't, that IS a violation of human rights. It is a human right to join a union and have protection from unemployment. Homelessness IS a violation of Human Rights. I encouraged people to read these documents. I let them know that they are easy and pretty self explanatory.

I also reminded people to DANCE at the Revolution. Do the things that bring your soul energy and balance then get out their and REVOLT SOME MORE!

I get peoples attention for a short amount of time, so what am I going to say.

Suggested books from the show:

"War is a Racket" by Smedley Darlington Butler

"A People's History of the United States," by Howard Zinn

"Confessions of an Economic Hit-Man," I forget who the author is, but will let you know in future posts.

REVOLUTION NOW!





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]