Tuesday, October 18, 2005

 

Crosstown Traffic

On the bike ride from work to KBOO, I had to pass a bus, and in crossing the intersection, a man was jay walking. I slowed down and stayed in the lane I passed in in order to let the man cross safely, then got back over in the right lane. A young woman zoomed by screaming, "GET OVER IN YOUR OWN LANE, ASSHOLE!" I flipped her off.

Lets see. I pissed her off to giving me verbal violence for slowing her down several nanoseconds from getting to the next red light. Hmmm!

I met Leland a few times before we became friends, but Leland and I became friends when my daughter and I were crossing Burnside on foot one day. Leland was crossing with us and walking with a cane. A single car, the only car coming, who had free access to all the lanes, missed hitting Leland by inches. I screamed "ASSHOLE" to the man. It amazed me that a human here in Portland is willing to maim or kill someone who may or may not take up a few precious seconds of their getting to the next red light. No wonder the U.S. government is committing genocide in Iraq and all over the world.

Mind you, I cuss at traffic a lot, not as much as I used to, but I am NOT willing to kill or maim someone for taking a few precious seconds of my life as I race to the next red light. To all you drivers who are willing to kill or maim for those precious seconds...FUCK YOU!





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]