Saturday, October 15, 2005

 

Can it happen today?

I continue to thumb through The Holocaust Chronicle. People, especially here in the safety of the U.S., relatively speaking, have said that it could never happen again. Well, it has, and it is, just not here, not yet.

It is currently happening in Darfur where the Janjaweed are killing and raping blacks.

It's happening in Iraq at the hands of the U.S. government.

It's happening in Palestine at the hands of the Israeli's.

It's happening all over Africa.

It's happening in the U.S., though with a kinder, gentler hand, but for how long.

George Bush is working hard at skirting the Posse Comitatus, as we all know. George wants a fascist nation ran by military force where one and all are FORCED to conform to our little criminal kings ideas of how the world should be ran. I believe King George the II wants a world in which everyone gives or is forced to give him everything, and then he can distribute the wealth amongst his wealthy friends while everyone else in the world is forced to suffer, except, of course, for the enforcers.

I saw many photos in the Holocaust book of Nazi's enjoying the cruelty enacted upon the Jews, Sinti and Roma, women. I think of the Americans who enjoyed displaying genitals they cut off of Indian women and displayed them as hat or saddle horn decorations to the cheering crowds of complicit townsfolk. Scalps. Reins. Razor straps. Tobacco pouches. We Indians were good for something. I think of the lifeless heads displayed in East Timor thanks to Kissinger and Ford. I think of the Rape of Nanking. And I KNOW it can happen again right where I'm sitting.

I will do my best to stop this monster. I have no idea what the hell I'm doing. I have no idea what the hell to do. I speak out on radio, TV, and everywhere I am. I Love my fellow human beings enough to do what I can.

How do you stop this monster? Right now, it seems it may collapse under it's own weight, and we may wind up in a similar world like that after WWII. I worry for the generations to come. I personally believe the answer lies in women and children. Afterall, it is MEN who created the world the way it is. I read in the Holocaust book of school boys who didn't carry the same prejudices as their Nazi adult counterparts, and in solidarity with the Jews in their classes, they wore the yellow star of David so the teachers couldn't single those children out for persecution.

I'm sure the answer lies with the women and children of this world. It must. They key is there, somewhere.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]