Friday, September 30, 2005

 

The Kids Don't Dance?

I went to see the Decliners and a couple of other bands yesterday with my daughter Felicia and our friend Julie. Julie's boyfriend, Nolan, plays in the Decliners. Though the first two bands played songs that pretty much all sounded alike, they were danceable and fun. It was an all ages show, so there were a buncha teenagers there, and several of their mothers. So you had a room full of, I'd say more than 100 teenagers, and these rock bands jamming away, and the kids just standing there. They have forgotten...KIKSUYE...REMEMBER...KIKSUYE...REMEMBER!

Heck, though she didn't dance that much, Felicia danced. Julie danced around a little, and near the end, I finally saw some people moving their heads and feet and occasionally their bodies to the music. I was ready for a mosh pit, jumping up and down, spin... They all just stood there. It was like I was in a room full of Christians. I was in a room full of people who don't know how to celebrate. Here in a room full of teenage angst, creativity, beginning of life energy, no one was BRAVE enough to dance. For the first time ever, I felt like the best dancer in the house. That aint right.

How can we have a Revolution if the kids aint even brave enough to dance? It doesn't dishearten me, though. It gives me an idea of just how for we have to go.

Before the decliners started, Nolan stepped up to the mic and satated the fact that John Roberts is now head of the Supreme Court. I could sense a stupor in the room. I knew that most of the kids there did not know who John Roberts is, nor, I'm sure, do they care. This, of course, will all change as they realize how that piece of shit will be effecting their lives and the lives of people they know. I started booing. I just shake my head. I'm shaking it right now. It just amazes me the limited thinking these kids have. It makes me feel qualified to be a leader...but I aint no leader. And these kids would rather watch TV, play video games, flirt with each other, than listen to some crazy Indian spout off about politics, Revolution, and taking everything back.

I also started feeling sad for these kids. Not only are they not brave enough to dance, they are going to have to live in or clean up the horrible mess that is being made of our alleged government. I could wax on for hours about that, so I won't go into it. Just check out my previous posts and read some news.

I was feeling wild and energetic after I dropped Felicia off at her moms. Felicia seemed kind of indifferent about the whole thing.

I went home, smoked a bowl, and thought about this experience until I fell asleep. We have a long way to go. We'll have a giant group hug when we get there.

29,000 to 96,000,000





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]