Friday, September 30, 2005

 

Freedom?

I hear some veterans and vet supporters spout out the word often. "Freedom." Vets fought and killed for our "freedom." But what freedom?

Freedom to have no health care?

Freedom to be homeless (we already have homeless vets from the "War [of] Terror")?

Freedom to have our freedoms taken away?

Freedom of women to be treated as less than men?

Freedom of 170 channels with nothing to watch?

Freedom to choose between different brands of cereal, shoes, clothes?

U.S. citizens know how to say the word "freedom," but I'd challenge them on what it means.

What freedom did these guys kill people for? In reality, they kill so that the wealthy of this nation can have more wealth. That is all war has ever been, us at the bottom killing so those at the top who are promoting the killing and not doing it can create more wealth. War is done so the wealthy of one nation can steal the wealth of another nation to feed the wealthy who can never have enough. That is not FREEDOM. That is CRIMINAL, GENOCIDAL, WRONG!

Freedom does not come from force. I've said it before and I'll say it again, if I truly believed our military forces were killing people so I could sit here and write my thoughts on this blog, I'd kill myself where I sit because I'd want their killing to stop. But it doesn't work that way, does it? If I killed myself, they would still be killing for the wealthy of this nation.

So I write. I speak out. I have a radio show and TV show where I speak out. I speak with others. I speak with those who don't understand or know. I speak with Republicans (though rarely). And you know what. The U.S. thugs in Iraq killing and oppressing darkies have had NOTHING to do with it.

No doubt in my mind that those in AUTHORITY (not power) know about me. They undoubtedly know about KBOO and MCTV. The only thing that keeps them from hunting me down and killing me is that I'm a horrible organizer. I'm no Malcolm X. I'm no Crazy Horse. I'm just a loud mouthed Indian who speaks the truth where I see it. That was not won by the gun. I speak out because I WILL. I am well aware of the potential consequences, and a few have mentioned (as mentioned previously in this blog) that they fear I will be murdered. Maybe. The likelyhood is minimal.

I do this work (as stated previously) because I love my human beings and I believe we all deserve better. ALL OF US! That's it. I think of future generations. I think of the people I love right now. I think of my ancestors. I think of the world and the way it is. I think of a world where everyone's human rights are honored. I'll do my best to get that for all of the people even in the face of potential assassination. What is my life compared to the millions of lives taken all over the world by the U.S. government which claims to represent me? What is my life compared to the millions of people who are oppressed? My tiny life is nothing compared to all those who are FORCED to suffer senselessly so a few wealthy mostly white men can have more and more wealth. I love you, my fellow human beings. Let's get it all back. THAT my friends, is what FREEDOM is to me, and nobody brought that to me by killing people in other nations, that was brought to me because I CHOSE it.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]