Friday, September 23, 2005

 

Behind on everything!

I was so busy Monday through Wednesday this week that I am way behind on my news, I have lots to catch up on.

I read about Simon Weisenthal from the article about him in Truthout. An amazing man. Read the article if you get a chance. Besides surviving the attrocities of twelve concentration camps, the man was a great fighter for justice. He had an amazing and horrifying life. He kept the dead in his mind his whole life and always looked for justice. He had short comings in his support of Iraq and Kosovo. I believe if he and I had sat together for even just a few minutes, I would have turned his heart and opened his mind to the horrifying injustices enacted by the U.S. government. Of course, that is just speculation. I think the thing I am most amazed about him, and I didn't know this until I read the article, was when the Diary of Ann Frank came out in play form he was at the opening. Some Holocaust denier child told him if Ann Frank was true, he'd know who arrested her. The tenacious old coot found the man. It took him five years, but he found him. The Holocaust against us Indians is just as real.

Speaking of Indians, the National Archives was caught dumping boxes of Indian related documents, including BIA documents. This is not unusual, as the BIA here in Portland, at 911 NE 11th, was caught just a year or two ago trying to dump documents illegally. They were supposed to be shredded, but the employee in charge of that got a little lazy and just threw them in the dumpster. And this is not the first time this has happened, and this won't be the last time in the cover up of the continued genocide of the Indians by the U.S. government. (*sigh*)

I have so much to take care of and do this weekend and I will also have my daughter with me. I was hoping to go to a Native American Church ceremony this weekend, but I have so much other stuff going on that I just don't have the time. I was also hoping to have a party celebrating my year of singleness, but I just don't have the energy to do so. I'm hoping to top my weekend off with a massage, that I can't really afford, but I don't care. I'm gonna try to get one once a month. Treat myself good.

My room is a mess again, which is a personal sign of depression. But then again, I just don't have time to do everything as I'm priortizing catching up on the news above the rest, which will take a second seat to my daughter this weekend. I have a feeling there will be more fart jokes and talking about my last ex in the future. As well as a good breakfast as I plan to take Felicia to the Skyline Cafe on Saturday for Breakfast. It's at the intersection of Skyline and Cornell.

I got 7 hours of sleep last night, but man, I'm still fucking tired. Stupid tired. The kind of tired where I can't talk straight at times. Where sometimes it is so hard to grasp a familiar word or concept. But I know I'll catch up again. I'll make myself sleep to at least 6am tomorrow.

Where the hell am I? Oh yeah...I have no idea.

Hurricane Rita is supposed to hit shore tomorrow. I wonder how many blacks and poor are being left behind in the exodus of the area about to be hit. I worry for those who can't afford to escape. Then, what will they be escaping to. Is it safer to face the hurricane, or safer to be in a strange land with nothing and no help on the horizon, as the victims of Katrina.

Well, gotta go get coffee. I'm a junkie, and I enjoy the company at Grendel's. They are good people who make good coffee, and coffee is one of my favorite comfort foods.

REVOLUTION REVOLUTION REVOLUTION REVOLUTION





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]