Monday, September 26, 2005

 

Air America

I used to listen to some shows on Air America. One of my favorites was the Minority Report with Janeanne Garafallo and Sam Sedar. Sam Sedar, however, became so obnoxious, overbearing, and never letting Janeanne get a word in edgewise, started turning me off of the show.

Most of the other shows didn't interest me all that much, though I would listen to Randy Rhoades on the way home from work. Randy, a brash abrasive asshole, did some damned good radio from time to time. Then I started getting turned off by her, but the straw that broke the camel's back, as it were, was her coverage of the Democratic National Convention. You could almost hear the slurping when she met her GOD, Bill "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" Clinton. "Bill..." (gobble gobble slurp slurp). "You are a god, Bill." (gobble gobble slurp slurp). Bill Clinton, by the way, is guilty of genocide and many other crimes (Iraq, East Timor, Kosovo, NAFTA, GATT, the continued genocide against Indians, etc.). I was surprised that I didn't hear something like, "Oh, Randy? Oh, Randy? Suck it! Suck it!"

I was also offended by her gobble gobble slurp slurp of Madeline Albright. Randy sounded like a school girl who was about to suck on her favorite rock guitarist that she had a long time crush on. Randy is a great admirer of genocidal criminal Madeline Albright and she let everyone in the audience know who much these criminals were infallible in her eyes for the simple fact that they are...democrats. Madeline is famous in my mind for her quote saying that 5000 dead Iraqi children was an acceptable loss. I have only listened to Air America when it is on in other peoples cars.

Have you ever noticed that KBOO is one of the few venues that will consistently remind you of the Iraqi dead as well as the dead U.S. military in the illegal war in Iraq. But, like the great Mei Lai Massacre covere upper, Colin Powell (another hero of Randy Rhoades) would say..."It is not a number we're concerned with." Thank you, KBOO, for being the great radio station you are.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]