Sunday, August 28, 2005

 

William Broughton

On my journey home with Felicia last Tuesday, we stopped at the heritage marker about William Broughton, just East of Troutdale. It is the most disgusting and arrogant sign I have ever read. Of course, it is seen as American Heritage to your average American. I read it to Felicia.

The sign is about this cracker ass peckerwood from England. He camped on an island in the middle of the Columbia on October 30, 1792, and claimed all the land in the name of the Queen. I pointed to Felicia's leg.

"That's my leg," I told her. "I claim this leg in the name of...in the name of me. Now give me my leg.

"That is how they claimed our land."

Arrogance at its purist. By right of the color of his skin, Broughton stole all the Indian land in the area and gave it to some cracker ass inbred human back in his country who will never come and see MY LAND! But that's OK! You see, he was white, and white is right in everything they say. Just ask Dwight Jaynes.

Hey, Billy Broughton, here's a retroactive FUCK YOU from me!





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]