Thursday, August 18, 2005

 

Portland Tribune publishes a racist article about sports team names.

The following is an e-mail I just sent to Dwight Jaynes, editor of the Portland Tribune. He is supportive of racist sports team names, and even though he is not Indian, calls himself one because he used to play with the Cleveland High School Indians. Racist cracker mother-fucker. I'm hoping to get a counter point to his horrible article. You can read it on their website as well. Here is my e-mail:

Dwight,

I found your article, "It's a name, not an insult," to be quite insulting and offensive. How about a little counterpoint in you newspaper.

You obviously have little understanding of Indian history. How about the boarding schools? The rapes, torture, murder, etc., that occurred at the hands of good Christians in order to turn us into submissive people who would refuse to stand against the crime that IS the United States.

I was most offended by you call yourself and Indian. I won't say what I'd like to say, not that I really think you give a shit. You have no idea what it is to be Indian, and don't you forget that you...I'll avoid the name calling, though I certainly would like to.

These names are a method of genocide. Example, Julius Stryker was hanged at Nuremburg for drawing racist cartoons of jews. It's dehumanizing. When you make something less than human, it makes it easier to do inhuman things to us, which you and your government still are.

I would like to write a counterpoint to your worthless article, maybe with the help of my co-host, David Liberty. I forgot to mention, I've produced a radio program for KBOO called "Mitakuye Oyasin" for about 12 years. My current co-host, David, has been with me for about 2 of that. We also host "Native Nations," a cable access show that will air on chanell 11 at 6pm tonight on MCTV. We will be discussing your little article as well as other issues on the show. I've hosted the show for some 2 years now, most of that time with David Liberty.

So, you willing to give us some space? Let us have a DISCUSSION about this racist practice.

I stated on "Mitakuye Oyasin" this afternoon that we should start a team called the Fighting Whities. We could have slogans like: "Kill them all, little and big, nits make lice," or "The only good opposing team member is a dead opposing team member." Nobody kills like a white man. Just ask one of us Indians.

Sincerely,

Eugene Johnson





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]