Monday, August 08, 2005

 

I still don't know why I don't want to kill all white people.

As I continue to read "Conquest: Sexual Violence and American Indian Genocide," by Andrea Smith, I still don't know why I don't want to kill all white people.

As I read about doctors who sterilized our women and children, medical experiments on Indians, giving women abortions without using anesthetics as a for of punishment for not using Depo-Provera or Norplant, and the list goes on and on... As angry as this makes me, as powerfully as I want justice and know I'll NEVER get it, I still don't want to kill all white people. I do, however, have a fond hatred for the alleged medical profession.

When I was 12 or so and my father just started his process of dying, my mother asked his doctor to tell my dad to quit drinking. He absolutely refused.

"Why?! Because he's just another drunk Indian?" my mother demanded to know.

"Yes," he responded. "Because he is just another drunk Indian."

Welcome to my world,
won't you come on in...





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]