Tuesday, August 16, 2005

 

Domestic Violence

On my way to the store yesterday evening, I walked past a man in a red SUV parked on the side of the road playing with a very nice video camera in the back. They were at the corner where Garden Home becomes Multnomah Blvd. in SW Portland at some apartments where a few days before, I saw women holding signs that said, "A Woman Was Attacked Here and the Police Didn't Respond." I noticed a channel 6 logo on equipment in the back of the SUV. I saw a woman in the front seat applying makeup. I knew what they were there for.

Upon my return from the store the reporter was out of the car and some dude had joined them, I assume he was affiliated with the apartments somehow. I eyeballed them all suspiciously as I walked by. I do not trust the mainstream media, and, knowing this shithole fucking country like I do, I'm pretty damned sure the story didn't make it on the air, but I can't confirm that because I can't stand anything on mainstream television, ESPECIALLY the news.

I wanted to talk, but I knew they wouldn't air anything I had to say:

Domestic Violence is a societal problem. This is not a rare incident. Women are unsafe in this country because this IS a rape culture. Women were seen as the property of men not all that long ago in this country. Many still believe they are and it shows. There are slow or no responses to domestic violence. Shelters around the country are struggling. There are bills and courtcases continually tearing at womens lives, trying to force them into submission for seeing themselves beyond the property of men. Women should be treated as our fellow human beings, but just glancing at the shit laws of this fucking WHITE MAN government in the United States, it is easy to conclude that this is a woman hating society. WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO ABOUT IT?!

Now this is about the part where men start saying that "men get abused, too." FUCK OFF! There is a fundamental difference, you are a MAN! Men are filled with privilege in this country. We live in a DICK based society. It is ran by men, as well as women who try to act like men. Men have safe places to take cover all over this country and government. Not to diminish abuse against men, but please, look at the numbers. No abuse is acceptable. When women leave abusive situations, they are RARELY safe again. Look at police responses to restraining orders and you will know that in this women hating society, women are not safe at all, and that is FUCKING BULLSHIT!

This one incident is getting some attention, but violence against women is happening all the time all over this fucking city and nothing is done to stop it and that...my friends...is not ok.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]