Tuesday, August 02, 2005

 
Another Friend Gone

My buddy, Dennis Bearing, passed away two days ago. His former girlfriend dropped by my work today and let me know. I didn't call last week, thinking he was constantly improving and my personal life was crazy. Dennis was a homeless Northern Cheyenne. He had fallen about a month ago and hurt his leg, which got infected and passed throughout his body. When I first visited him in the hospital, it looked hopeless. A few days later, he was breathing on his own. A few days later, he was feisty enough not to want visitors. My follow up calls were more and more hopeful. I shouldn't have let it slack. I figured I'd see him before he ran off to Montana (Dennis would have loved that pun). That's three of my friends in the last couple of months. fuck





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]